Friday, June 1, 2012

Flaming Lips and Erykah Badu: "The First Time I Saw Your Face Posted by Alex Snider


*UPDATE* Alright, so the video has been pulled and now we know why, because Wayne Coyne did not have Erykah Badu's permission to publish the video. I'm writing a longer post about the issues and in the meantime I've taken down the picture of Badu I screen capped from the video. I'm sincerely sorry for taking part in what seems to have been the appropriation and exploitation of two Black women's bodies. Shame on Coyne and the Flaming Lips.


Obviously I fainted when I saw these two collaborated. More talent, sexiness and fucking awesomeness in 4 minutes then anything ever before. Ever. Real talk. Wayne, Erykah, let's just make out, ok? My mind hasn't even completely processed it all yet. TOO MUCH. (Also, the naked lady is Erykah's sister, apparently. Babes. All of them)



No comments:

Post a Comment