Friday, August 20, 2010

Panda Brand by Rebekah Hakkenberg

016
I'm not really sure what to do with this can of sweetened condensed filled milk, but the lovely shade of robin's egg blue and the adorable panda just called out to me in the grocery store, how could I resist?  If anybody has any recipes they'd recommend, I'd love to hear them, because at the moment, spreading it on toast or using it in pizza, as the pictures on the back of the can appear to suggest, does not sound appealing to me in the slightest.  In the meantime, the can is just sitting on my desk, making me happy.



029


032


5 comments:

  1. seven layer bars!!

    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Seven-Layer-Bars/Detail.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seven layer bars, and these look yummy! but, I can't get graham crackers here. Actually, the cookie situation is quite dismal in general, which is why I've been baking so much. I'll have to try and find a suitable substitute...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boil an unopened can for three hours and you will have a lovely creamy caramel. Put that in a dish with graham crumbs and top with your favorite whipped cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also great for making cherry cream cheese pie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, both are great ideas! I forgot about the creme caramel, I've actually wanted to try that for a while, thanks!

    ReplyDelete